My family and I went to the new movie "The Nativity Story" this weekend http://www.thenativitystory.com/
First of all getting four kids, two of which are boys in high school, to go to a movie that is not filled with action and killing is a big feat (that is another whole story in itself). Anyway with a little bribing and arm twisting we got them all there but it was not in vain.
The movie is a beautifully, artfully told story of the birth of Jesus.
The things I loved.
- It was not a cheesy Christian film shot on a low budget.
- The acting was wonderful by people I had never seen before so I was not struggling with thier political views or concerned with other less nobel movies that they had made. (ok, I admit that I am totally disconnected with most movies so I did not recognize Keisha Castle-Hughes Star Wars III and an interesting/controversial Price video.)
- The scenery was breathtaking. It renewed my dream to get to the middle east to experience that place on my own.
- The music was well done classy and pleasing. It just fit the movie perfectly!!!
- I was deeply moved several times in the movie. So the movie was able to illict a repose from me and the audience.
- The cast was all middle eastern so it made it more authentic. No blue eyed blond Mary.
- The kids loved it. What else can I say!!!
The only negative thing about the movie was that the movie theater was not packed. So, I will do my part to tell everyone I know to get to the movie.
I highly recommend it. It is a must see for getting you in the right Christmas spirit even during this very busy season.